First on my “bucket list” for post-residency interview blog posts is a compilation of a few efficient beauty routines after researching and testing numerous skin care and makeup products. Hopefully this list saves a few of you some time from conducting your own trial runs or having to get up earlier in the morning! While all of this works for me, ultimately, beauty should be a reflection of what makes you feel most confident.
Everyday Morning Routine (~15 min):
- Drink one tall glass of cold water with lemon juice
- Floss and brush teeth
- Skin care:
- Brush hair
“Glam” Morning Routine (~25 min):
- In addition to the steps of my everyday routine…
- Warm up curling iron before oral hygiene
- Makeup: one tip is to spend money on quality products at Sephora/MAC and purchase inexpensive brushes/sponges at Target/drug stores
- Lancome Prep & Matte Primer
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Groenland (30 SPF): I recommend going to Sephora to get color swatched! The warmth of your fingers is perfect for blending this moisturizer into your skin.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cafe Au Lait: for blemishes/discoloration and under-eye circles/bags. I use a damp beauty blender for this step.
- L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Waterproof Eyebrow Mechanical Pencil in Brunette
- Glossier Lidstar in Slip: also meant to blend in with your fingers!
- Liquid eyeliner (e.g. Maybelline Line Stiletto)
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: prevents shine and outlasts sweat/oil
- Sephora Collection Colorful Face Powder in 16 Heated Intense Old Rose
- Moisturizing spray (e.g. MINISO moisturizing spray gel)
- Matte liquid lipstick (e.g. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream)
- Curl hair (eliminates frizz and easier to manage when constantly putting up in ponytail/bun)
Everyday Evening Routine (~10 min):
- Remove makeup (e.g. Neutrogena towelettes)
- Skin care:
“Self-Care” Evening Routine (~30 min):